OLYMPIC ODYSSEY 2014

OLYMPIC ODYSSEY 2014

Monday, June 9, 2014

Goodbye Europe 2014: Highlights from each city


Hello from America!
         After being back in America for more than a week, it is time to put an end to this amazing experience and post my last blog. Every day something different reminds me of our awesome time abroad and our unforgettable memories. I want to thank Professor Ryan for the best trip of my life and for spending 3 weeks out of his summer to take us around Europe. Even though he is my advisor and I was already close with him, nothing will compare to our time in Europe and I am excited to share the memories from our time in Europe together over the next 2 years at school. I thought I could share some of my favorite memories from each city as my final post!
London, England:
   - The coffee shops everywhere
   - The double decker buses and taxis
   - The cleanliness
   - The accent and English language
   - The London bridge market food and drinks!
   - The transportation system
   - The Olympic Park
   - Wembley Stadium / love of sports and especially soccer
   - Big Ben/ Parliament/ London Eye/ Westminster Abbey/ Buckingham Palace/ Royal Gardens
   - The variety of cultures and food
   - O'Neill's
   - Group dinners
Paris, France:
   - The Eiffel tower
   - The Eiffel tower at night
   - The food
   - How it got dark very late (10 pm)
   - The Louvre - Mona Lisa
   - Notre Dame
   - Love Lock Bridge
   - Artwork
   - Group dinner at traditional French restaurant
   - Nice hotel, beds, and free cappuccinos in lobby
   - Walking around and discovering small side streets and stores (Kyle is just such a great tour guide!)
Lausanne, Switzerland:
   - Lake Geneva
   - The Alps
   - The beautiful countryside
   - Cleanliness and transportation
   - The nice cars
   - The food
   - The stores
   - Paddle-boating
   - Barbecuing at the beach
   - The IOC
   - The Olympic Museum
   - CAS
   - Safety
   - Breakfast coffee
   - Group dinner
   - P Ry's birthday and Swiss Army knife present
Olympia, Greece:
   - Hotel pool
   - Town and people
   - Shops and jewelry
   - Traditional Greek Food
   - Group dinner
   - Cheap
   - Ancient Olympic site
   - Walking around the ancient site at night after everyone left
   - Nike as tour guide
Athens, Greece:
   - Cappuccino Freddos!!!
   - Food
   - Shops and side streets
   - Walking around
   - Air conditioned hotel rooms
   - Acropolis
   - Acropolis at night
   - Athens at night from hotel rooftop
   - The beach and restaurant on cliff
   - Rooftop on hotel next door last night
   - Nike and Dikaia
   - Group dinners
What an unbelievable trip, and I don't blame P Ry for going back every year to experience it all over again with different students. I recommend this course to anyone and everyone and I am so glad that I decided to do it because it was the best decision of my life. Olympic Odyssey Crew 2014!!!
Love Always,
Jess <3





No comments:

Post a Comment